Last updated May 8th, 2023
1. Data Controller
Family in Music Ltd (3003543-1), Keilasatama 2B, 02150, Espoo, Finland
2. General Info
You must be age of eighteen (18) or older.
3. Collection of Personal Information
In connection with the FAIM Services, we collect and store personal information about and from you. In a nutshell, this means data created and/or transferred when you:
- visit our Website;
- otherwise use FAIM Services;
- add payment methods for the Subscription Services;
- upload music through the Distribution Service;
- give your payment details for the Distribution Service;
- submit your details for withholding tax purposes related to distribution Revenue payouts;
- contact us, including our customer support;
- connect to us through Third Party Services;
- connect to Third Party Services via us;
- sign up to one of our newsletters;
- participate in a contest organised by us; and
- participate in an event organised by us.
The personal information collected and processed by us can be divided into two general data categories: User Data and Analytics Data.
4. Collection of User Data
User Data necessary to use the FAIM Services (excluding the Distribution Service). When you start using the FAIM Services and create a Account, you need to provide us with the following information:
- e-mail address;
- location; and
- in case you connect to the FAIM Services using credentials from a Third Party Service like Google or Facebook, you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information connected to such Third Party Service such as, like your name, profile picture, age, country, hometown, e-mail address, date of birth and gender.
User Data necessary to use the Subscription Services (excluding the Distribution Service). When you start using the Subscription Services, you need to provide us with the following information:
- e-mail address;
- payment card details;
- country; and
- indication of whether you are an enterprise or an individual.
User Data that necessary to use the Distribution Service. When you use the Distribution Service, some additional information must be provided by you. This includes:
- artist name;
- audio files;
- track/album titles;
- other required Metadata;
- other required Related Material;
- information relating to your payment details (as required for the purposes of receiving Distribution Royalties, such as name, bank account number, PayPal address, tax identification number, tax card, date of birth, e-mail, home address, country/region, vendor ID, whether you’re a private person or a business, VAT-number and Vendor ID). We only obtain enough information to be able to make the pay-out, to comply with our legal obligations and to prevent and detect fraud. We use a Third Party Service for processing of payments. Please note that different data requirements may apply depending on whether you are a Finnish User or a User from the rest of the world.
User Data you provide us directly. Your user experience may be improved by providing us with the following information:
- full name;
- mobile phone number;
- date of birth;
- submitted user content, such as your bio, roles, services, page names, user names, links, avatars, photos, linked videos, location, social media and/or other service account names and other information. You don’t have to provide additional information on your profile. However, profile information helps you to get more from the FAIM Services, including helping industry professionals and business opportunities find you;
- information you provide when rating the FAIM Services;
- information you provide when providing feedback;
- marketing opt-ins and opt-outs;
- information you provide when connecting us or other Users; and
- information you provide by phone or in e-mail or chat correspondence with us.
5. Collection of Analytics Data
Although we do not normally use Analytics Data to identify you as an individual, you can sometimes be recognized from it, either alone or when combined or linked with User Data. In such situations, Analytics Data can also be considered personal information under applicable laws and we will treated as personal information.
Device Data. We may collect information on your device(s) relating to the following:
- device identification number,
- device IMEI;
- device type;
- device family;
- device country;
- device region;
- device city;
- device language;
- device IP address;
- network ID;
- browser type and version;
- operating system;
- internet service provider;
- advertising identifier of your device;
- visitor identifier; and
- cookie-related data.
Usage Data. We may collect the information on your use of the FAIM Services relating to the following:
- time spent on the FAIM Services;
- interaction with the FAIM Services;
- content you post to the FAIM Services;
- the URL of the website you visited before and after visiting the FAIM Services;
- the time and date of your visits to the FAIM Services;
- the sections of the FAIM Services you visited; and
- information on how your Recordings stream.
6. Cookies and Web Beacons
We use various technologies to collect and store Analytics Data and other information when Users use the FAIM Services, including cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of small text files that are inserted and stored by your web browser on your device. They allow us to identify visitors and facilitate the use of the FAIM Services and to create aggregate information of our visitors. This helps us to improve the FAIM Services and better serve our Users. We and our third party advertiser partners may set and access cookies on your device to track and store preferential information about you. Gathered information is anonymous and on an aggregate level only, but we may be able to identify individual behaviour. Such aggregated information is used within our internal organisation and is only shared with third party advertisers on an aggregated and non-personally identifiable basis.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies are required for the operation of the FAIM Services.
- Analytics/statistics cookies allow us to recognize and keep count of the number of visitors and see how visitors interact with the FAIM Services. This helps us improve FAIM Services.
- Advertising cookies are used to deliver tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across FAIM Services and devices and measuring effectiveness of advertisement.
- Other cookies include cookies used e.g. to enable the sharing of content from the FAIM Services through social networking and other sites.
Web beacons, also known as pixel tags and, are electronic images used together with cookies, allowing a website to access cookies and help tracking marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of web beacons on the FAIM Services. If you turn off cookies, we can only see anonymous website visits. Access to cookies helps us to personalize your experience when you visit the FAIM Services. We may also include web beacons in e-mail messages that we send to you to determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such e-mails. We may also use web beacons externally. For example, we may report aggregate information about visitors, such as demographic and usage information, to our affiliates or other third parties. We may also include Third Party Services’ web beacons within the FAIM Services.
7. Use of Information
Some information is necessary in order for us
- to provide the FAIM Services according to the Terms of Service;
- to provide the paid Subscription Services under FAIM Services according to the Subscription Terms of Service;
- for our compliance with legal obligations
We will process your information for the following purposes and legal bases:
- to administer your Account and your profile, to enable, provide, improve and maintain the FAIM Services and, if applicable, to provide integration with a Third Party Service; (contract or its preparation, legitimate interest)
- to identify you, as required for providing the FAIM Services; (contract or its preparation, legitimate interest)
- to personalize and improve your experience and any advertising made available on or outside the FAIM Services; (consent)
- to make sure the FAIM Services is technically functional and to develop new products and FAIM Services; (legitimate interest)
- to analyse your use of the FAIM Services and how you interact with our ads; (consent)
- to create research insights, reports and analyses, including the composition of the audience that viewed certain content; (legitimate interest, consent)
- to create categories based on demographics, interests and preferences in order to facilitate interest-based advertising; (consent)
- subject to your consent, to communicate with you, either directly or through any of our partners, via e-mails, notifications, or other ways of messaging; (consent)
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity, for other internal purposes, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; (legitimate interest)
- to promote the FAIM Services, either within or outside the FAIM Services; (legitimate interest, consent)
- to enable Subscription Services; (contract or its preparation, legitimate interest)
- to process your pay-outs and prevent or detect fraud; (contract or its preparation, legitimate interest, statutory obligation)
We will retain the personal data we collect from you for a period of 6 years after the termination of our agreement. After this period, your data will be anonymized and stored or erased. Data retention is necessary for us to:
- Meet customer expectations;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Comply with requirements from the Finnish Tax Administration;
- Process any outstanding payments owed to you; and
- Prevent fraudulent activities, other types of fraud, or criminal activity.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
This section describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed. Please note that we never share or sell your identifiable personal data to third parties for their own purposes. We only do this for the purpose of providing you with and enabling the FAIM Services.
Analytics Partners. We share data with the companies that compile it to provide analytics. Analytic services may e.g. track and report Website traffic and User activity in the FAIM Services.
Business Partners. We may share personal information with our business partners. For example, when one or more of our business partners co-organise or co-sponsor a promotion, contest or event, we may share some or all of the information collected in connection with such promotion, contest or event with such business partner.
Distribution. The information you provide us in connection with your use of the Distribution Service, will be used to perform and provide our Distribution Service, by disclosing, to the extent needed, such information to the Intermediary, Stores and other relevant partners. Such information may include:
- artist name;
- full name;
- company name;
- audio file;
- ISRC and UPC;
- track/album titles;
- other Metadata (defined in the Distribution Agreement);
- other Related Material (defined in the Distribution Agreement); and
- name of contributors (if applicable).
The payment information you provide us in connection with the Distribution Service, will be used to perform and provide the pay-outs, by delivering, to the extent needed, such information to the Payment Provider. Such information may include:
- full name;
- email address;
- bank account number;
- PayPal address;
- tax identification number;
- tax card;
- date of birth;
- home address;
- company name;
- VAT number; and
- vendor ID.
Profile and User Generated Content. Your profile is fully visible to all Users, subject to your settings, it can also be hidden from public view. Other Users will see a variable amount of your personal data depending on your settings, degree of connection with the viewing User, person’s usage of our FAIM Services, access channels and search types (e.g., by name or by keyword) may impact the availability of your profile and whether they can view certain fields in your profile.
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with relevant third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets or other change of control;
- to respond to legal process if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so;
- to comply with the requirements of mandatory applicable law;
- to protect the safety of any person;
- to address fraud and resolve disputes;
- to address security or technical issues;
- to publish anonymised or pseudonymised data about the use of the FAIM Services; and
9. Newsletters, Non-Critical Notices and Special Offers
By opting in during the signup process, you consent to receive our newsletters, industry news digests, non-critical notices, and/or special offers (collectively referred to as ‘Newsletters’) via email.
You may unsubscribe from our Newsletters at any time by editing your preferences under profile settings, following the instructions contained at the end of every such e-mail, or if a third party provides our Newsletter, in accordance with the instructions provided by such third party. You can unsubscribe from these at any time, by clicking “unsubscribe” in the bottom of the e-mail. While we try to ensure this information is viewable in all e-mail browsers, there may be cases where certain e-mail browsers do not display the unsubscribe information correctly. If you are having problems unsubscribing, please contact support or e-mail the entire Newsletter to email@example.com with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject line, and you will be removed within 14 business days.
Please note that direct replies to any Newsletter are processed by computer and are not always viewed by a human.
Security is important to us. We always do our best to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure. In the unlikely event that an unauthorised third party compromises our security measures, we will, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorised third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. Make sure you always protect your password and username to prevent anyone from accessing your information.
11. Links to Other Websites
We do not accept people under the age of 18 to register in the Family in Music platform and therefore, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with any personal information or use the FAIM Services. If you are a guardian of a child under the age of 18 and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact support to request reviewing or removing any information stored.
13. Transfer to Other Countries
Our company operates from Finland, and our data is stored in EU. You understand that your information may be transferred to and stored outside of your area. The country your information is transferred to might not have the same protection laws as your country of residence. However, if we do transfer your information, we will make sure that we protect your personal data in accordance with the GDPR requirements and set up contracts with those parties to ensure this.
14. Other Applicable Terms
15. Amendments and Modifications
16. Questions and Concerns
The data subject has several rights under applicable data protection laws.
Right of access and right of inspection.You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed. You have the right to inspect and view data concerning you and, upon a request, the right to obtain the data in a written or electric form. This applies to information that you have provided to us insofar the processing is based on a contract/consent.
Right to data portability. You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if desired, transmit that data to another controller. The right to data portability applies on the processing of the personal data based on consent or a contract.
Right to restriction of processing. You have the right, under conditions defined by data protection legislation, to request the restriction of processing of your personal data. In situations where personal data suspected to be incorrect cannot be corrected or removed, or if the removal request is unclear, we will limit the access to such data.
Right to object to processing.You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing. For example, you may object to your personal data being used for marketing purposes.
Right to withdraw consent.In cases where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
Don’t hesitate to contact our helpful support.